"Falling in love is one of the most exquisite feelings that one can experience in their lifespan. But what if while searching for your true soul mate, you end up having that "exquisite feeling" for three people at the same time.
3 @ a time is the story of Deepankar and his tryst with trust, love, relationship, betrayal and humiliation with 3 girls at the same time along with maintaining his reputation as the wonder boy of his college.
Deepankar- Strong, laborious; with a never-say-die attitude while searching for true love ends up in a relation with three girls from his college...
Notorious yet dedicated for his deeds at college, Deepankar seeks love from his dream girl who turns out to be Homosexual!
And then destiny plays its game...
And the reason - GIRLFRIENDS...
But one should never back down and nor did Deepankar; Pooja stood by him in full support.
And In the End...
It does matter...
Will the search for his soul mate be completed after his rendezvous with all the 3 girls?
Will Deepankar restore his faith in others or will life throw curve balls at him?
Will he be able to maintain his reputation or will be hailed as a onetime wonder? "
Classy Debut !!!!!
3 @ a Time is a MBA college based story written in First person by the protagonist Deepankar describing his tenure in the college and numerous affairs with girls . Book is the debut work of author and the Protagonist is portrayed as a Philander , Can say a Play Boy who is extremely popular in college and had relationship with so many , literally , so-many girls . He's portrayed as a laborious and never die attitude which keeps him popular among college crowd , either positive or negative , he's really popular . As the name suggest , 3 @ a Time , Protagonist had three girlfriends at a time in college and book revolves around the fact how he handle all of 'em on same time .
What I love most in this book is the scenario of DahiHandi where a muslim guy is portrayed as an active element in making the human pyramid which made the readers think about the Communal violence which aggravated many people during the riots , and was only started as a result of some dirty politics and was not hatred of the people . And Applause for author , for fulfilling his social duty by giving message of Religion Tolerance :)
One of the chapter begins with an interesting paragraph , which is what-reader-thinks part . Paragraph goes as " An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind ' were the words of father of the nation MK Gandhi , but in today's world every single person believes ,'An eye for an eye makes a blind person see the world '. People believed in tit for tat and revenge is a dish , serve hot for everyone ." So I'm yet to decide which Point of view is right , MK Gandhi's or Protagonist , so till then advantage of doubt goes to MK Gandhi .
While reading what I found difficult to chew is the fact that Protagonist too much smart and handsome that a lot of girls fell on him . Beside it , Author embedded the scenario of Raging but there's no criticism of this crime which swallow many innocent lives every year . And last point which I found Negative is the name of Girls , Sound quite similar and confusing . I found it bit confusing because with every chapter I found a new girl in initial chapters .
Otherwise , its a classy debut which is filled with lot of humour and the last 50 pages are really hooking , foiling of a devious plan with the help of someone which is never expected .
Quotes from “3 @ a Time”
1. Finally she arrived and 99% of the boys turned their heads towards the stage,two minutes of her speech were the best time I ever loved someone on stage. I felt the urge to run to the stage and express my love for her. - Page 16 "3 @ a time"
2. I wondered girls were the best multitaskers and that is the prime reason for companies to hire them at managerial position. - page 22 "3 @ a time".
3. Her sweet innocent face and lush green eyes were influential enough to capture the imagination of everyone even if he was a hermit. - Page 47 "3 @ a time".
4. I realized if a girl loves a boy it's impossible for the boy to ignore her for a long time while the table turn in the exact opposite direction when a boy is in love with the girl. - Page 65 " 3 @ a time"
5. The communal violence which aggravates people is the result of dirty politics and not because of hatred between religions. - Page 69 " 3 @ a time"
6. I could see the pain in her eyes while she was confessing. That moment I felt like hugging her and saying this is the best moment of my life. - Page 79 " 3 @ a time".
7. I sometimes wonder how students of the same age think alike. - Page 106 " 3 @ a time".
8. Deepankar to Pooja - "I know we have been through extremely turbulent times in the past and in the future too being with me is not going to give you a smooth ride, but I can promise you one thing, I would forever love you the way I do in sickness and in good health." - Page 150 " 3 @ a time"
FROM AUTHOR'S DESK
" I am a published fiction author with my debut book. My debut literary achievement “3 @ a time” published by Omji Publications was released on 28th February 2015. It is gathering astounding and remarkable positive reviews and rated 3.5/5 by most of the reviewers. OTTT also ranked 3rd among top 50 bestsellers on Salisonline.
I always believed in the fact that love can happen more than once in everyone’s life. However, people are too reluctant to accept such facts in reality which prompted me to bring out a story where the protagonist falls in love with 3 girls at the same time.
I have worked as an editor for my college magazine titled Vyaktitvam during my post-graduation. I love to read fantasy, Romantic thrillers and sensual stories. Unexplored destinations excite me and I love exploring new places. I usually travel to lonely places to write and search for stories and motivations.
Next in line is a book comprising of story based romantic poems titled ‘Lonely Shadows,’ a romantic, dreamy, passionate and inspirational set of poems with fragments of tragedy and slices of betrayal perfect for everyone who has ever fallen in love.
I compose short stories too, though I am not seriously chasing that dream as of now. "
3 @ a time
Dipptendu Sekhar Chakraborty
Dipptendu Sekhar Chakraborty
Omji Publishers House Ltd.
3 @ a time is available at following Online Stores
" This is Not a Paid Review ! The Opinions expressed in the review are my own , and remain unbaised and uninfluenced . "
- Rahul Rai Khatri